Summer might be a little way off, officially, but here in the UK, we have to get our sunshine when Mother Nature decides to smile on us. And as we’re in the middle of our usual pre-summer heatwave, my thoughts have turned to summertime. Here’s a few ideas of things you could do over the next couple of months.
- Go to a free music festival, or a free open air concert.
- Go on a city walking tour.
- Visit a local museum. The tiny little town museums can be really interesting, especially if you are local to the area!
- Go to a theme park. This might be a good one to do just before or just after the school summer holidays. Or pick a rainy day and go then!
- Read some YA summer romance books: Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, The Moon and More, Someone Like You (basically anything by Sarah Dessen).
- Have a drink on a rooftop bar.
- Try this summer photography challenge – if you do join in tag your photos with #itydsummer so I can see them!
- Play tennis.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Go to an animal sanctuary – avoid the zoo and give your love to some animals that have been rescued.
- Make cocktails.
- Go strawberry picking.
- Swim in the sea, or, if like me, you can’t do such things, paddle in the sea.
- Fly a kite.
- Have an outdoor boardgame night.
- Go on a boat trip.
- Go geo-caching.
What have you got planned this summer?