In January, on Instagram, I have been taking part in the FMSPhotoADay Challenge. I have missed a few days here and there, but I’ve managed most days so far. Last year, I tried to take part in Project 365, taking a photo a day, every day, for the whole year. I failed miserably. I can’t commit to something on such a long-term scale.
So this year I have decided that I am going to try and do a monthly challenge, every month, for the whole year. Breaking it down month-by-month feels much more sensible and achievable. And having a prompt for each day certainly helps too. As I said, I’ve already missed a couple of days, so I know that at the end of the year I won’t have a full 365 photos, but as I’m not actually attempting Project 365, I don’t see it as a failure.
For February, I was thinking about looking out for another Instagram challenge, to help me through. And then I realised that there are 28 days in February, and 26 letters of the alphabet. I did an A-Z Photo Challenge last February that was organised by another blogger, so I thought that this year I would do one myself. I am opening it up to anyone that wants to join in, the rules are simple:
- For each day (the first 26, anyway) of February you take a photograph of something beginning with the corresponding letter.
- It doesn’t have to be a literal interpretation, it can be anything you like. Freedom for F, for example, or Quarantine for Q. It’s entirely up to you.
- You don’t have to post to Instagram if you have it, or don’t want to. You can post to Twitter, or to Facebook, or to Flickr, or Tumblr. It’s really just a way to get you taking a photo every day!
- Talking of which, you don’t have to join in every day. You can miss out A-G, hop in with H, I and J, and then give up, if you want. You can join in when you remember, and miss days when you forget, and nobody will mind!
- If you have an old photo that fits the letter perfectly, feel free to use it. I am going to try to take a new photo a day, because that’s will challenge me more, but again, it’s up to you!
- There are 28 days in February, but only 26 letters in the alphabet. So I have just picked a prompt for the last two days, ‘You’ for the 27th and ‘Us’ for the 28th.
- Use the hashtag #ITYDPhotoChallenge on Twitter or Instagram so I can see your photos!
You can comment on this post to let me know you are joining in, or you can tweet me @janeylambert. I really hope you all want to get involved!