photos

Photo an Hour #20 ~ March 2015

I can’t believe this is my twentieth photo an hour post! I started way back in February 2013, and I’m really proud of how far it’s come. While I would never claim ownership to this very lovely idea, I really love that since I decided to make it a group thing, there are loads of people who join in, and loads who say “Ooh, I want to do it next time!” I don’t know about you guys, but I love having a post to look back on that tells me how interesting or boring one random day was!

8am ~ In bed, reading. This is how the vast majority of my photo a days start, and in fact, how the vast majority of my weekend days start, with a book. This was a book called The Oyster Catcher, which I downloaded knowing it was going to be fluffy and inconsequential, but it wasn’t until I got most of the way through it that I realised how much it irritated me. It’s finished and done with now though!

9am ~ I had an early-ish start, for me on a Saturday, at least, because I was getting the bus home to my dad’s. I’ve only been moved out for three weeks, so it still feels like going home (how long before that changes, if ever?). I had saved Friday’s Wittertainment podcast especially to listen to on the bus, and I wasn’t disappointed, because I got a wee mention!

10am ~ I have to get two buses home, so I decided to break up my journey with a quick look around the shops. All of the good charity shops in Chelmsford are located in one area, and it was the opposite end of town, so I had to make do with the BHF shop, which is new, and swish, but I honestly find it a bit overpriced.

11am ~ I have a high street voucher in my purse that I have had for months (should probably check that it’s still in date!), and it can be used in Waterstones, so every now and again I go in and think about spending it, and then I get over-cautious, and don’t. Browsing in a bookshop is an excellent use of time, though.

12pm ~ On a bus, again. This time, from Chelmsford to home, which ordinarily takes about an hour…

1pm ~ … but took an hour and a half on Saturday, because the first one broke down, and we had to wait for another one to come along! Luckily I didn’t feel too inconvenienced; I wasn’t in a hurry, and I was allowed to wait on the bus for the next one, so it wasn’t cold. And I had my book to read.

2pm ~ Finally back home, and after seeing Louisa’s photo from earlier in the day, I remembered that I hadn’t watched the Neighbours special from earlier in the week, where they were reminiscing about 30 years of episodes. I used to adore Neighbours, and I, like most British people of a certain age, grew up watching it, so it was a lot of fun for me. And this is an excellent capture, even if I do say so myself!

3pm ~ Going home means picking up a few pieces of post that have accumulated, and this book was one of them. I’m excited to read it, and I’ll be sharing a review as part of a blog tour next month.

4pm ~ One of the reasons for going home was to spend the afternoon with Anna and Jen, and that’s exactly what I did, when they finally arrived. By four, everyone was there, and I was making tea. Because that’s what you do.

5pm ~ I decided I simply had to show Pride to another group of people who hadn’t seen it, and that’s what I did. I’m pleased to say that Jen and Anna both enjoyed it, and Jen even cried!

6pm ~ Still watching Pride, and because I didn’t want to take another photo of the film or DVD case, I snapped one of Anna sitting next to me on the sofa.

7pm ~ Film over, and dinner on. We had spaghetti bolognese, and it was rather yummy.

8pm ~ Jen had to leave early, because of her boring shift pattern, and the others didn’t lave that much later, but there was just time to give a baby a bottle and marvel at how amazing she is.

As ever, Louisa and I encouraged as many people, far and wide, to join in, and while we didn’t quite hit the heights of last time, there were a lot of us again!

♥ Louisa from Duck in a Dress joined in on Instagram and on her blog
♥ Elizabeth joined in on Instagram
♥ Elise from Elise and Life joined in on her
blog
♥ Eileen from In the Playroom joined in on her blog
♥ Bev from Confuzzledom joined in on her blog
♥ Susie from Second Hand Susie joined in on her blog

Updated to include the lovely bloggers I missed out first time! Sorry guys!

It’s so much fun scrolling through the hashtag and enjoying other people’s photos; I love how at certain times of the day, themes emerge (food, tea, alcohol), and equally how different everyone’s days are. Please do join in if you have seen posts like this and thought ‘I want to do that!’, it’s a great little community we have, and we are always welcome to new people joining in!

Next month, Photo an Hour will take place on Sunday 19th April. Every now and again I think it’s good to throw in a Sunday, just to make a change, and I’m choosing to do it this time! It’s simple to join in, just take a photo once an hour, and upload it anywhere using the hashtag #photoanhour And don’t forget to let us know you’re joining in!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

20 Comments

• Reply Eileen

You have more self control than me – I’d have definitely spent the voucher by now!

Please will you add me to the list? http://in-my-playroom.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/my-day-in-photos-saturday-21st-march.html

March 24, 2015 at 3:43 pm
    • Reply Jane

Sorry to have missed you out – you’ve been added now!

I’m rubbish at spending vouchers, they always sit in my purse for ages and ages! I fear buyer’s regret!

March 25, 2015 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply shazza

I’m sad i missed the Neighbors special. Pride is on my list of films to see. Sounds like its a good choice!

March 24, 2015 at 6:42 pm
    • Reply Jane

I think the Neighbours special is still available on catch up. It’s worth a watch if you were ever a fan!

Pride is amazing. I will never stop recommending it to people!

March 25, 2015 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply The Girl

Hurray! I love this Photo an Hour stuff I really do. Maybe I can just give up writing any other blog posts and just do Photo an Hour ones instead?! I also had a quick look back at just this year’s days – I’d already forgotten about January and I’m so pleased it was that day, it was a good day to capture and I can go right back to being deadly tired and wanting to kill my colleagues in London. Happy days 🙂

Nothing planned as yet for Sunday 19th but I’m going to make a safe bet that it will involve tea and crochet heavily. And gerbils.

March 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm
    • Reply Jane

I blog so little these days that sometimes I do worry that I am going to have two Photo an Hour posts in a row!

I’m pleased you love them so much, I do too! I love going back and looking at what I’ve done, and remembering stuff I would otherwise have forgotten.

March 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm
  • Reply Rachael

I do love seeing how it’s growing every month! I use to productively waste so many lunch breaks in my local Waterstones! Looking forward to trying out a Sunday too.

March 24, 2015 at 10:31 pm
    • Reply Jane

It’s ace isn’t it – there were even more people than I thought this month, because I managed to leave a few people off (because I’m fairly disorganised!), so it’s even bigger than I thought. Yay for us!

I thought Sunday would be good – we’ve done at least one before. Looking forward to lots of photos of roast dinners?!

March 25, 2015 at 1:50 pm
  • Reply bevchen

Babies really are amazing!
    I joined in too, could you add me to the list please? https://confuzzledom.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/a-photo-an-hour-saturday-21-march-2015/

March 25, 2015 at 8:12 am
    • Reply Jane

Babies are the best!

I’ve added you, sorry for missing you out!

March 25, 2015 at 1:50 pm
  • Reply Susie - secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

I like seeing how many people watched the Neighbours special!

I took part too, please can you add me to the list!

March 25, 2015 at 8:28 am
    • Reply Jane

I’ve added you now – sorry to have missed you out before!

I think everyone has a certain amount of nostalgia for Neighbours!

March 25, 2015 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply Elise

Ooh I’ve been dying to see Pride, I’ve heard it’s good! I kinda don’t mind public transport problems either if I’m not in a hurry, more book reading time! 🙂

March 25, 2015 at 9:27 am
    • Reply Jane

I can’t recommend Pride enough, it’s my favourite film of last year, and it’s pretty high up on my favourite film ever list!

March 25, 2015 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply MissPond

It’s such a great thing to take part in- I will hopefully have it on my blog by the weekend 🙂 Looking forward to 19th already x

March 25, 2015 at 10:43 am
    • Reply Jane

Excellent – I’ll keep an eye out for it and add it to my post when it’s up!

See you on the 19th! 🙂

March 25, 2015 at 1:52 pm
  • Reply Kerri

My photo an hour posts always begin with tea in bed, pretty sure it’s almost exactly the same photo each time, except the cup is different!

Of the two options for these day in the life posts, this one is definitely my favourites, I think that’s it’s always a different time of the month, and I like the idea of a Sunday too! That’s probably more representative of my lazy life 🙂

Looking forward to next month!

I forgot to get the recap up on my blog on Monday morning, so it’ll be up on Thursday haha.

~ K

March 25, 2015 at 10:50 am
    • Reply Jane

I love seeing the similarities over the months – it seems we are all creatures of habit!

I’ll add your link to my post once it’s up! 🙂

March 25, 2015 at 1:53 pm
  • Reply Louisa

That’s still a good amount of people methinks! The Neighbours special was excellent wasn’t it? I don’t think I’ve watched it for about 15-20 years but there was still so many things and faces that were ever so familiar, definitely bringing back lots of memories. I’m in for next month (obviously) 🙂 see you then! xx

March 29, 2015 at 3:15 pm
  • Reply Louisa

Ooh one more as well I spotted – http://hazelsworldofjoy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/photo-hour-march-21st-2015.html

March 29, 2015 at 3:18 pm