BEDN

BEDN ~ Photo an Hour #4 ~ November 2013

Today’s post is actually answering Friday’s prompt, A Day in the Life. I had planned a photo an hour for Saturday, asking people to join in with me like last time, and it turned out to be ideal for the prompt.

Apologies for the quality of some of the photos; for reason I used my phone for some of them and it really shows!

8am ~ On my way with my dad and sister to pick up my other sister. We were driving to get the train to London.

9pm ~ A hot chocolate on the platform which wasn’t ludicrously overpriced. What a novelty.

10pm ~ We were a bit early, so we nipped into Westfield. Being early, it was still bearable. You would never catch me in there on a Saturday afternoon!

11pm ~ Sarah had to go into Sainsbury’s to buy something in order to get a plastic bag to replace her paper Primark bag, because it had started raining in earnest! She decided on cookies, and we all partook.

12pm ~ The reason for our trip to London was to see the Lord Mayor’s Show (I’ll be blogging about it later in the week). This robot was made of wheelie bins, and moved slightly ominously!

1pm ~ After the parade, we went to a little restaurant near Covent Garden for some lunch. There were some pretty lanterns on the wall!

2pm ~ Fish and chips for lunch. Rather yummy!

3pm ~ After a quick look around Covent Garden, it was time to head home, so back to the tube we went.

4pm ~ Back in the car (this feels a bit like We’re Going on a Bear Hunt!).

5pm ~ My sister bought me some tights in Primark, so I got them out for a look when I got home. I honestly believe they may be the best tights ever.

6pm ~ Back in May, I went to see an episode of Pointless Celebrities being filmed. The episode finally aired last night, and I spotted myself in the audience!

7pm ~ My friend Vicky came to say and I had to meet her off the train, so I snapped a shot of a wall at the train station.

8pm ~ Going for a couple of drinks at the pub means that I have to reapply some makeup after a day in London.

9pm ~ Ready to go to the pub (after a couple of glasses of wine first, of course!).

That was a pretty long day! I am also really pleased that people decided to join in with my Photo an Hour again. I know that I am not the only blogger to do it, but I know that people like to join in and I think they appreciate the reminder!

Louisa at Duck in a Dress joined in on Instagram
Haydy at Squibb Vicious joined in on Instagram
Terri-Jane at {twoninethree} joined in on Instagram
Janet at Words That Can Only Be Your Own joined in on Instagram
Bev at Confuzzledom joined in on her blog
Charlotte and Sherbet and Sparkles joined in on her blog

I’m thinking about adding a Photo an Hour goal to my forthcoming 32 Before 32 list, and making it a monthly thing. I haven’t decided for sure yet, but I am definitely going to be doing one in December, and I decided to pick Saturday 14th December as the day. Let me know if you are joining in again!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

13 Comments

• Reply Terri-Jane

Aaah, your Saturday looks like it was fun! I’m going to blog mine too, it should be up tomorrow, and I’m definitely in for December’s! I love doing these! 🙂 x

November 10, 2013 at 10:41 pm
    • Reply Janey

They are fun aren’t they! I will try to remind everyone again in December! 🙂

November 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm
  • Reply Louisa

Looks like a fun day! (interestingly, years ago back in the 80’s, some of the Somerset carnival floats used to take part in the Lord Mayor’s Show!).

I do agree about the tights – they definitely are the best tights in the world 🙂

I’ve written a post all about my day (http://duck-in-a-dress.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/saturday-9th-november-photo-every-hour.html) and I’m up for doing the 14th Dec as well. My 31st birthday is the day before and I’ve mentioned to the other half that perhaps he should organise some kind of suprise for the weekend. I’m not sure he’s actually taken the hint though and done anything!

A monthly ‘photo an hour’ sounds like a good idea as well! 🙂 x

November 11, 2013 at 12:52 am
    • Reply Janey

It’s fun to write about a busy day, but I enjoy reading the ordinary days too, it’s always nice to see how people have captured the ordinary moments in their lives!

Looking forward to you joining in on the 14th December!

November 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm
  • Reply Catherine Dream

This is such a good idea!
    Plus, these tights are EPIC.

November 11, 2013 at 3:18 am
    • Reply Janey

You should join in with us in December!

I’ve worn the tights, and just about wrecked them! But I did get some photos so there will be an outfit post up soon! 🙂

November 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm
  • Reply bevchen

Those tights are truly amazing! I might have to see whether the Pirmark here has them (I get the feeling the German one is slightly different/doesn’t have all the UK products).

14th December is the day I’ll be cooking my annual Christmas dinner for friends – could make for some interesting photos.

November 11, 2013 at 7:35 am
    • Reply Janey

I wore the tights once and they didn’t survive too well – too thin! But I did get some photos so I’ll be doing an outfit post 🙂

Glad to hear that you have a fun day planned for the 14th – looking forward to seeing your photos!

November 15, 2013 at 11:46 pm
  • Reply Janet

My post is up now: http://wordsthatcanonlybeyourown.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/day-11-photo-hour.html

I will definitely be taking part on the 14th – it’s the day after my work Christmas do, though, so there will probably be lots of pictures of my duvet!

November 11, 2013 at 5:02 pm
    • Reply Janey

Thanks for taking part 🙂

Duvet photos are fine by me, except I’m expecting a busy day so I shall be very jealous!

November 15, 2013 at 11:47 pm
  • Reply BEDN ~ What I Wore on my Birthday | Is That You Darling

[…] this is that I wanted to show off my Mickey and Minnie Mouse tights, which you may remember from my Photo an Hour post last week. They have the official title of Best Tights in the World. I spotted them in Primark […]

November 20, 2013 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply BEDN ~ November on Is That You Darling | Is That You Darling

[…] Dealing with stress, a list of ten years I’d go back to in a time machine, a quick blog chat, a YSL beauty review, and another Photo an Hour. […]

December 1, 2013 at 1:33 am