As you probably know, at the beginning of 2012 I set myself the challenge of reading 75 books. I had managed 70 in 2011, so I knew it was possible, and I’ve pleased to say that I managed 83!
I wanted to do a collage of all my reads, but there were too many for just one collage, so I had to break it up a little bit! This is what 83 books looks like:
A few stats:
- Goodreads tells me that I read 29,339 pages in 2012. I am not sure how accurate that is, because I didn’t necessarily read the same editions as they have on there, but it’s more or less right. Maybe I’ll aim for 30.000 next year!
- My most read author was George R.R. Martin. I read all seven of the as yet published books in the Song of Ice and Fire series, starting with A Game of Thrones in May and ending with A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast in October.
- I also read six books by Sophie Hannah, four by Nora Roberts, four by Lynda la Plante, and four by Judy Blume.
- As well as the Song of Ice and Fire series, I also read the Bride Quartet (Nora Roberts), and the Millennium trilogy (Stieg Larsson).
- I got an eReader for my birthday in November, and my first eBook was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I’ve read four more since then, all of them in the last three days!
- Only two of my books this year were rereads (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Nippy), compared to 17 in 2011!
- I gave eight books five stars out of five on Goodreads: The Hunger Games, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Bossypants, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, 11-22-63, A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold, I Remember Nothing and Other Reflections, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
I’m really pleased with myself; I like being able to say I’ve completed a challenge, but also I’m just really glad that I’ve done lots of reading again this year. My goal for next year is 75 again, so stay tuned!